Thursday, November 27, 2008

Recipe-- Homemade Noodles, as in chicken and Noodles

I'm sorry I did not get this up before Thanksgiving, my computer was having Issues At least you can still make them for Christmas or any other time you get a hankerin' for some good old fashioned chicken and noodles, or beef and noodles.

3 C. flour
4 egg YOLKS
1/2 to 3/4 C water
2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
Extra flour to use when rolling out.


Put flour in large bowl and make a "puddle" in the center. (photo above)



then add egg yolks and water.


Stir until it is all incorporated, mixed whatever.






Turn out onto a well floured board
Knead until as my Momma used to say "It is as smooth as a babies bottom." About 15-20 min.






Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough "rest" until "softened". About another 15-20 min
Roll out dough either by hand, or with a noodle machine. Use PLENTY of flour so the dough will not stick to anything.








Lay rolled noodles on cookie sheets to dry. Dry overnight.

This is two cookie sheets worth. 1/2 batch, and it will make a HUGE batch of chicken and noodles. Just add to your broth and cook until tender.

1 comment:

Mrs Anne said...

Y-u-m!

This reminds me of the noodles my great grandmother used to make me when I was little... I thought for sure she was magic...

:)