Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recipe-- Apple Crisp

A gal at church brought this to a social we had last weekend, and I swear this is the best apple crisp I have EVER eaten in my entire life! Everyone asked her for the recipe. I am printing it exactly as she wrote it.

10 large or 12 medium apples
2 C. flour
1 C. butter
1 C. sugar
1C. brown sugar (packed)
cinnamon

Topping:
Blend flour and sugars. Cut in butter until crumbly.

Filling:
Peel apples and slice thinly into a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Mix 1 C. sugar with 1 C. cornstarch. Sprinkle over apples. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon. Cover with topping. Bake at 350* for 45 min, or until done.
I usually make half a recipe more of the topping and add it to the crisp about halfway through baking when the original topping is starting to get soggy.

Now, I am on a diet, so obviously I am not going to make this for me or my family for quite a while. So sorry no photo, but trust me this is fantastic. At the end of the night, there was not a drop left in her pan.

No comments: