Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Recipe--Crab stuffed Mushrooms


Just in time for Christmas or New Year's, here's a great appetizer recipe that is sure to please.

1 lb Mushrooms, washed and stemmed. Small ones work better
1/4 C. imitation crab meat, or the real thing is great, chopped very fine
1 t. garlic, or to taste
1/4 t garlic salt or plain salt
1/4 C mozzarella cheese, very finely chopped
3 T Parmesan cheese
1/4 C Italian bread crumbs
1/4 C mozzarella cheese (for garnish)
1/4 C melted butter

Mix all ingredients except mushrooms, garnish cheese and butter in bowl. Stuff washed mushrooms, (gently pack down). Place in pan and add butter. Bake @ 375* for 35 min or so until shrooms are tender, and tops are light brown. Garnish with mozzarella cheese and bake another 5 min.
Now this is the problem. I am a dumper kind of cook. I just dump ingredients and adjust as I go, so this may not be exact. I suggest you nuke a teaspoon of stuffing in the microwave first and taste to make sure it meets your standards. Adjust spice, salt... etc as needed. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Let me know how they turn out for ya. By the way, I have made them with lobster meat also, and they are yummy that way too.

2 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

Guess who's gonna make these for our Christmas party!?!?!

ty for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

I used to have a recipe just like this about 20 years ago and I lost it and I couldn't remember exactly what was in it. I googled it and yours popped up. I have not made them yet but I don't need to in order to know they are fantastic....I am making them this Saturday Jan 25th, 2009. I will however let you know what my guests think.

Sending My Gratitude

JP